Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's Almost Wedding Season & We're Talking About Trends

While I am happy to provide my clients with some holiday/birthday party/Thursday evening/just because it's raining/or sunny snackery, a very large part of my business comes from the wedding industry.
Wedding cakes, cupcake towers, dessert tables, wedding favors. If you need something sweet for your big day, I'm your girl. Spring is always a busy time of year for weddings. The weather is usually gorgeous and things are fresh and in bloom and new beginnings are happening all over the place.
Trends are big in bridal. They come and go, and because of that a lot of couples are hesitant to step out of the box. The "what was I thinking" concern is a valid one. Meh... I say go for it anyway! Trust... take it from the girl who had a traditional Italian wedding reception in a hall. There was nothing out of the box about my wedding. Don't get me wrong. Loved my wedding. Had a great time. I'm even still married to the guy I invited to it ;)  
My point is that I see a lot of couples during our consultations, who spend more time discussing what everyone else would like to see happen at their wedding. I know planning can get overwhelming, but my advice is to remember that this day is primarily about you. It's your party & you should sit on hay bales and have a masquerade carnival Vegas night if you want to! The worst that can happen when you look back at those photos wondering 'what was I thinking' is remembering that you were thinking 'Right after these photos of me and the bridesmaids 'pretend laughing' are done I'm about to bust moves like a rockstar and get my Stanky Leg on!'
xo
L

Here are some examples of trends done well. (...if I do say so myself ;)

'Country Chic' - Simply elegant, really romantic


'Celestial' - Stars in the night sky. Not all cakes have to be white


'Speakeasy' - 1920's Flapper inspired cake


'Modern' - Clean lines, contemporary, geometric


No comments:

Post a Comment